VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 21 Aug 2021 19:56:08 -0400
Am I the only one who is not very happy with acb for discontinuing the
acb radio tunner?  I am very disapointed with acb it's not just that
they did this but it's way that they did it.  It's the way that they
notified acb about it they told us about on the round table I did not
that there was a round table. Do the majority of acb members even know
about the round table? We way that I found about it was that I tried to
use the tunner on my pc windows 10 nvda and winamp and none of the
streams would play.  I tried reinstalling the tunner and got the same
results as before.  Now I haveno way to listen to acb radio streams on
my pc because when I go tothe new acb media site and go to the streams
there is no play button.  If I go to the link to listen with winamp it's
just a page but there is no play button.  I don't like the site one bit
it's a very big down grade.  No more quickly being able to brouse all 10
acb radio streams it's much than it was before we had the tunner.  The
tunner was the best thing that acb has ever done and now it's gone.
There was no reason to make a new site but acb just doeswhat they want
with no conciteration for what their members want.  It's the same old
story it's what they think that people want and not what we the members
want. They are just not for the people.  They could have given us a
heads up by putting a notice on the major acb email lists but they chose
not to do so.  They put it whear people would not think to look if they
even knew about it.  They just don't use their brains.  If I had known
about 4 months agao then I would not have been shocked about it.  When
they make a major change it would be nice if acb would learn to show
some common curtacy.  Common sinse is just not so common.  Why did they
not ask for input from the membership about what changes if any that
they wanted to see with acb media?  There was no survey they just did
what they did.  It was not done in the proper way very unperfessional on
their part. If this is the way that acb is going to operate then I am
not sure how much longer I will remain a member of acb.  If any of you
are to successfully listen to the acb radio streams with winamp then
please let me know how you do it.  Thanks inadvance for any help that
you may provide me.  acb or will I be thats the question.

Brian Sackrider

member of the Port Huron acb chapter for now

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]