VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 9 Oct 2019 17:40:36 -0400
Hi all,

The subject line says it all.

I want Brian, a member of our list, to be able to do as much apart from
a computer as he can, because his hard drive is gone, another one.

My computer guy, Rick, has set up his account, but the Amazon person
said Brian would need a Fire Tablet.

So, my questions:

1. Are any of you using the Amazon Fire tablet?

2. If so, what are you using it to do?

Also, if you're interested, you can put Google Chrome on the fire
tablet, oh yes you can! And, here's the link to the video telling you
how to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRrWBTPqxXw

3. Now, if he could use alexa to do everything on the Fire tablet, or,
if he could use an external keyboard, that would be wonderful, too.

I know email can be done, so he's all set there!

4. What about web browsing, I hear the Silk browser is terrible, and
cannot be operated using Alexa. Can he browse the web, using the Fire
tablet and Alexa with Google Chrome?

Folks, I'm clueless about the Fire Tablet, so anything you all can tell
me, would be wonderful!

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]