VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 7 Jan 2018 16:27:29 -0800
I used to think Open Book was the best thing since sliced bread, but as
of Version 7 or 8, I've had lots of problems with it. One is that it
crashes frequently, every thirty pages or so, so scanning a book or long
document is not doable. Another is exactly what this message describes:
when I use the Freedom Import printer to scan a long document, like an
empty PDF, the document is often only partially recognized. Sometimes I
print the document and scan a few pages at a time; more often, I use a
different OCR package, like KNFB Reader for Windows or Text Cloner Pro.

Yes, my Open Book issues have persisted over different computers,
different versions of Windows, different downloads of the Open Book
software, and no, contacting tech support hasn't resolved anything.