VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:59:25 -0600
We're currently looking for folks in or near the Twin Cities, but
depending on what sort of response we get, we may want to open it
up
to a larger audience later.

Thank you for your help.

Aaron

Accessibility Auditor Job Description

About Us

We provide accessibility audits, remediation support and ongoing
monitoring for companies large and small.  Our diverse team
brings a
breadth of experience in accessibility, web development,
marketing and
technology that is focused on making websites more accessible for
all
people.

The Position

In this position, you will be at the core of our day-to-day
operations, helping identify issues with websites, mobile
applications
and other digital assets for our customers.  You will also help
with
the ‘artistry’ of audits, helping our customers fix these
issues in a
way that is not only compliant but intuitive and usable.

Our teams typically consist of a pair of auditors.  One auditor
is
doing the screen reader portion of the audit.  This person is
typically blind and technically proficient in order to identify
issues
found within a site.  The other person is handling keyboard-only,
color contrast and related accessibility issues.  This person is
also
helping the screen reader auditor to identify other visual issues
that
may not be readily apparent.

Because we work in pairs, many of these skills can be in either
auditor but do not necessarily need to be in both.

Below are the skills and qualifications needed for all auditors:
* Ability to quickly identify and articulate problems on a web
page
* Proficient in HTML, some CSS and perhaps Javascript
* An understanding of the web development life cycle
* Solid intuition for what constitutes a good user experience
* Self-starter, cooperative, detail-oriented person who thrives
in a
startup atmosphere
* Ability to independently learn new technologies and concepts

The following skills are required for Screen Reader Auditors:
* An understanding of how a screen reader user navigates a web
page
* Ability to rapidly use one or more desktop and/or mobile screen
readers to quickly navigate the web
* An understanding of the common issues encountered by screen
readers

And we’d love it if you had one or more of these:
* Web front-end development experience
* Web back-end development experience
* Quality Assurance experience
* An understanding of how a keyboard-only user navigates a web
page
* An understanding of the difficulties faced by people with
visual
impairments such as color contrast, font-sizing, etc.

Sound like a good fit?  Please get in touch!  Contact

1422 West Lake Street, Suite 314, Minneapolis, MN 55408 | (612)
440-3601 | accessible360.com