VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 5 Nov 2016 07:29:10 -0700
Hmm, I wonder if the problems we're describing are Thunderbird, the
specific screen readers, or the way they interact. NVDA is my secondary
screen reader. Though Jaws is doing much better with Thunderbird lately,
I seem to go through phases where the two do and don't play nice. when
Jaws and Thunderbird aren't getting along, I use NVDA for email, and I
don't notice any problems. I know I've successfully edited a forward
with NVDA in the past, but I haven't tried recently, mostly because I'm
now used to using the reply work-around.the

As far as minor weirdnesses with Jaws and Thunderbird, I definitely
observe the issue Duane describes, and I also notice that, after I save
an attachment via alt+m, h from the message list, Jaws does return focus
to the list, but it says blank when I use the say line command. I need
to arrow up or down once. Like Dwane's issue, these are not show
stoppers, but they are irksome when I forget the work-arounds in the
middle of a busy email session.

Fortunately, the big show stoppers, like Jaws not reading subject lines
or Jaws randomly deciding not to read message bodies, have all been
cleared up.