VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 7 Feb 2017 15:34:14 -0500
Hi all,
Well folks, I just found another USB port, so, I took NVDA for a spin,
using just the built in speech recognition in windows 10, and not
dictation bridge.
I can tell it to open programs, down arrow through lists of files, down
arrow through web pages, click on links, (used Internet explorer).
I could type documents and read documents, in word pad, as well.
I use tapin radio, and I could use the program as well!
So, if anyone is still using windows 7, I would say, upgrade to 10,
you'll love it!!! Just for the windows speech recognition alone, it's
worth it!
Below, I have pasted in all the commands for speech recognition, in
windows 10.
Windows speech recognition commands
to do this say this.

section 1. general commands

to start the listening mode Say start listening .
to have it turn off listening mode say stop listening .
to ask it what you can say say what can I say, or, say refresh speech
commands,
say how can I go to the desktop say go to desktop
go to the start menu say start
go to the search box in windows say press windows key
to switch to a different program, also called app, say switch to
whatever the name of the program or app is.
to launch a program say open then say program name, or say double click
program name ..., or, if you're on the icon for the program, say enter.
to right click on something say right click and the name of the file,
folder, or link.
to open a file say click file name
to open a web page say press control o
to go forward through a list of links say tab
to go back up through a list of links say press shift tab
to click on a link say double click then say the link name.
to go to an edit field say go to, for example, subject, or, edit box.
to go down through a list of items say press down arrow
to go up through a list of items say press up arrow
to click on a file or a stream say enter
to go back to the previous menu say press escape
to click on a button like yes no, etc., say double click or, say click
then say the button name.
to click on a menu item in a list say double click then say menu item name.
to stop a stream from playing say press whatever the key command is,
like in winamp, it's c.
select the entire document say press control a
delete the entire document say delete
type a dollar amount say numeral then say the dollar amount.
to type a number that's not a dollar amount say numeral for example 9,
or say numerals 15
to go back a web page say back space
to go to the beginning of a line say home
to go to the end of a line say end

section 2.  Commands for working with text

The following table shows commands for using Speech Recognition to work
with text. You can say many different things in place of the example
word or phrase and get useful results.
To do this say this.
Insert a new line in the document, say New line
  Insert a new paragraph in the document, say New paragraph
  Insert a tab, say Tab
Insert the numeral form of a number, say the number
to put the cursor before a specific word, say Go to word
to put the cursor after a specific word, say Go after word
to type words without spaces between them say  No space then say the words.
  Go to the start of the sentence that the cursor is in, say Go to start
of sentence
  Go to the start of the paragraph the cursor is in, say Go to start of
paragraph
  Go to the start of the document, say Go to start of document
  Go to the end of the sentence that the cursor is in, say Go to end of
sentence
  Go to the end of the paragraph that the cursor is in, say Go to end of
paragraph
  Go to the end of the current document, say Go to end of document
  Select the word in the current document, say Select word
  Select the word range in the current document, say Select word range;
Select word through word, for example, say you have the sentence “The
cat was purring loudly!” You would say “select cat through loudly.”
  Select all text in the current document, say Select all
  Select a number of words before the location of the cursor, for
example 20 words, or 10 words, say Select previous 20 words; Select
previous 10 words
Select a number of words after the location of the cursor, for example
20 or 10 words, say  Select next 20 words; Select next 10 words
Select the last text you dictated, say Select that
  Clear the selection on the screen, say Clear selection
  Capitalize the first letter of the word, say Caps word
  Capitalize all the letters of the word, say All caps word
  Make all the letters in the word lowercase, say No caps word
  Change the next number of words to uppercase, for example 10 words,
say Change next 10 words to uppercase
  Change the next number of words to lowercase, for example, let’s do 10
words, say Change next 10 words to lowercase
Delete the previous sentence, say Delete previous sentence
  Delete the next sentence, say Delete next sentence
  Delete the previous paragraph, say Delete previous paragraph
  Delete the next paragraph, say Delete next paragraph
  Delete the selected or last dictated text, say Delete that
  correct word say correct word
delete word say delete word
section 3.  Commands for punctuation marks and special characters

To make this appear, Say this
,, say Comma
; say  Semicolon
. Say Period
Dot say Decimal point
: say Colon
open quote say Open quote
open double quote say open double quote
close quote say close quote
close double quote say Close double quote
' say Apostrophe, or say Open single quote
 >, say Greater than sign
< say Less than sign
/, say Forward slash
\, say Backslash
~ say Tilde
@ say At sign
!, say Exclamation mark; or Exclamation point
?, say Question mark
#, say Number sign, or say Pound sign
$, say Dollar sign
% say Percent sign
(, say Open parenthesis; or say Open paren
), say Close parenthesis; or say Close paren
_, say Underscore
-, say Hyphen, or dash, or, say Minus sign if doing math
=, say Equal sign
+, say Plus sign
™, say Trademark sign
&, say And sign
*, say Asterisk
//, say Double slash
±, say Plus sign, or minus sign
×, say Multiplication sign
÷, say Division sign
¢, say Cent sign
¥, say Yen sign
©, say Copyright sign
®, say Registered sign, or Registered trademark sign
open brace say open brace
open curley bracket say open curley bracket
close brace say close brace
close curley bracket say close curley bracket
vertical bar say vertical bar

section 4.  Commands for working with windows and starting or closing
programs

The following table shows commands for using Speech Recognition to work
with windows and programs
To do this, Say this
  Open a program, say open and the name of the program, for example,
Open WordPad
Switch to an open program, say Switch to program name, for example,
Switch to WordPad
Close a program, say Close program name; for example Close word pad;
Close Documents, or say press alt f4
Cut, say Cut
  Copy, say Copy
  Paste, say Paste
  Delete, say Delete
  Undo, say Undo
  Scroll in one direction, say Scroll up; Scroll down; Scroll right;
Scroll left
  Scroll an exact distance in pages, say for example, Scroll down 2
pages; Scroll up 10 pages
Go to a field in a form or a program, say for example, Go to field name;
Go to Subject; Go to Address; Go to Cc

section 5.  Commands for clicking anywhere on the screen

The following table shows commands for using Speech Recognition to click
anywhere on the screen
To do this, Say this
  Show the mouse grid, say Mouse grid
  Move the mouse pointer to the center of any mouse grid square, say
Number—or numbers—of the square; 1; 7; 9; 1, 7, 9
  Click any mouse grid square, say Click number of the square
  Select an item to drag with the mouse grid, say Number—or numbers—of
the square where the item appears; 3, 7, 9 (followed by) mark
  Select an area where you want to drag the item with the mouse grid,
say Number—or numbers—of the square where you want to drag; 4, 5, 6
(followed by) click
Harry

---

Archived on the World Wide Web at