VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Sep 2016 07:49:43 -0700
Harry:
Press caps lock+spacebar (it's a toggle switch), and that will allow you to use the up and down arrows in Narrator while reading text on the Internet.
--
Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides if not more.

---- Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi all,
Tonight I had a little bit of time, so, since I got the windows 10
anniversary update, I thought I'd take Narrator for a spin!
Just getting into it, but some comments:
1. Narrator is much, much more responsive than it was in windows 10
before the anniversary update, I think you all will like it! When you
press a key, it types much, faster!
2. I have been playing around in the commands list, and you can find
them with caps lock f1, and when that list comes up, you can right arrow
through the list, and try them out. The up and down arrows do not work
when going between icons, (and by the way, narrator calls icons, items.)
3. In the above mentioned list, I found 4 commands, and I'm glad I did,
because when you press windows enter to launch narrator, it speaks very
fast, and it's very loud.
The 4 commands I have used so far are:
caps lock plus on the number pad increases the speaking rate
caps lock and the minus key, the key above the plus key, decreases the
speaking rate.
capslock page down lowers the voice volume
capslock page up increases the voice volume!
Also, when you exit Narrator, and you come back later and launch
narrator with windows key enter, the speed setting is as you left it.
Well, I'm going to play some more with Narrator!
enjoy,
Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]