VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Sep 2016 00:26:30 -0500
FYI .

Dear members of the ACB:

I am Derek Riemer, the chair of the NVDACon Planning Committee.
NVDACon is a global conference for the NVDA screen reader.  NVDA
(Non Visual Desktop Access) is a free and open source screen
reader that allows blind people around the world access to
technology at no greater cost than their sited peers..  You can
find out more about NVDA at http://www.nvaccess.org
<http://www.nvaccess.org/> .  The NVDA conference started out in
2014 so that users of the screen reader could connect and talk to
other screen reader users around the world.  In 2015, a group of
community members decided to set up a two weekend global
conference that would occur during the tenth anniversary of NVDA.
We had several events ranging from how to utilize NVDA for
employment of blind people, new technology being developed
allowing NVDA to interface with dictation technology, and much
more.  You can find out about our past conferences at
http://nvda-kr.org/en/nvdacon.php.  We are currently planning our
first ever conference for the North American region.

The conference will be held on September the 16th and 17th and
the schedule will be posted in a few days on our website,
http://nvdacon-us.netne.net/.

Please feel free to share this with your co-workers and members.

Thank you

Derek Riemer

--

  _____

Derek Riemer

*	Department of computer science, third year undergraduate
student.
*	Proud user of the NVDA screen reader.
*	Open source enthusiast.
*	Member of Bridge Cu