VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Colin Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Colin Howard <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jul 2016 18:20:52 +0100
Greetings,

I suspect the time remains wrong because you are recording in bounded mode,
meaning you need specify length when setting up a file.  You need to ensure
recording mode is set to unbounded, the file setup for a recording still
requires a  time, of, say, one second but you can record with mode set to
unbounded, for your system maximum, think in .wav format 44,100hertz
unsigned 16-bit this is four gig, which makes about 66mb per hour.

You will find the recording mode, a radio button, in the record options of
F11, in my version of GW which is still V5.70, there are three choices:

record unbounded

record bounded to selection

record bounded and looped

I have never used any format apart from the unbounded, I think the second
means you can only use a file of the specified length, I believe the third
means you start (say) having specified the file length you want is an hour,
recording continues for the hour but if you don't stop the file is
overwritten.

Why the third option? not really sure as never used either 2 or 3 but there
must be a reason.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]