ECHURCH-USA Archives

The Electronic Church

ECHURCH-USA@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 13 Jun 2016 10:44:07 -0600
Subject:
Sender:
From:
Sharon Hooley <[log in to unmask]>
Hi,

I have a question I'd like feedback on.  How do you know for certain that you have chosen to forgive someone?  I know that choosing to do so  is not a feeling, but how do you solidify that you're truly doing it from your heart,  as Jesus says we must?  Is it something you  conjure up in your mind and heart that "Yes, I forgive this person.", or do you take some sort of action, especially when you can't, say,  sign a contract like "Debt Paid in Full"?  I notice that most of the time when Jesus preached on it, he used physical actions.  The King forgave the man who would have been sold to pay his debt by canceling it.  The opposite of that was when the same guy demanded and punished his servant for not paying his smaller debt.

Sharon H.