VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 26 Jul 2014 13:14:07 -0700
Hi all,

The last couple of times I've used the BARD NLS site to download audio
books, only some of the books are downloaded. I don't get any kind of
error message or indication that there was a problem with the others.

For example, this morning, I was searching for a book by Charles
Dickens, so I entered Dickens into the edit box on the main page, where
we find links to recently added books, etc. I found four books on the
results page that I wanted to download. As I came to each, I pressed
enter on the download link. Since it took me a while to go through the
results, I never got the error message we get when we try to download
too many books at once.

Later, when I checked my Downloads folder, I only found the last book.
When I returned to the NLS page and ran the search again, all four books
showed the download link as visited.

I use Firefox on Windows 8. I have Firefox set to automatically
download/save NLS books, so I'm not prompted to do anything after
pressing enter on the download link.

I'm wondering if others have noticed this, and if so, do you have any
tips for insuring downloads?

Thanks.

ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at