VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 24 May 2014 11:01:40 -0400
Rather than getting sidetracked by an emotional argument as to which is
better, let's try staying focused on Harry's situation.

First, any operating system, especially equipped with a screen reader, is
going to run into problems upon occasion.  Not only are you dealing with
the screen reader itself but also a speech synthesizer.
Now, I am not a JFW user; but isn't JFW12 somewhat out of date and could
it perhaps have some play into what Harry is experiencing?

Harry, and I am somewhat like you in this: I tend to loose my cool when
something goes wrong.  Are you prepared, ready, and willing to endure the
frustration of learning something completely new and will that new
operating system to you do all that you want and need it to do?
A while back, when you raised your frustration with Windows, you mentioned
that flash is important to you.  Flash, from what I recall, isn't
currently supported in the Mac environment.

What I would keep in mind is this:  is it better to deal with current
frustrations that you know how to resolve and handle, or is it better to
explore a new unfamiliar operating system which too may give you headaches
as you learn it?
Only you can address that question for yourself?

You may never know that JESUS is all you need,
until JESUS is all you have.
Corrie ten Boom, Dutch author and World War II underground activist

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]