THYROID Archives

Thyroid Discussion Group

THYROID@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Sat, 15 Mar 2003 14:02:41 -0500
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 06:49:14 -0500, Tammie Denman <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

"Tests taken at my
>endo's office (Dr. Michael Carella in Lansing Mich) were as follows:
>Free T     0.9  range: 0.7-1.9
>TSH        0.2  range: 0.5-4.7
>Anti-microsomal antibody  <10   range: 0-35
>Anti-throglobulin antibody  <20  range: 0-40
>
>On Jan. 17 I started on 5 mg. of Tapazole; 3 tablets taken two times
>daily. Some of the symptoms have abated somewhat.  On Feb. 22 I ended up
>at the Alma hospital emergency room "

Tammie, I'm confused.  When were those test results from-before or after
tapazole?  Those labs look a bit hypo according to the free T 4.  The TSH
could be hyper or central hypothyroidism.

The other tests they are doing was to determine if you have congestive
heart failure which can cause all of that fluid retention.  Either hypo or
hyper could lead to that.  I'd especially think it could result from being
given an antithyroid drug like tapazole if you were already hypo.

If those labs were from after the tapazole, I'd say you are already a bit
hypo according to the low free T4 but your TSH is lagging behind.  It takes
TSH about 6 weeks to stabilize after meds are added or dosages are changed.

Nancy

 Thyroid messages contain only the opinions of their authors.
 Opinions expressed on Thyroid do not necessarily reflect the
 opinions of the management, publisher, or our advertisers.

 Change your own account here
   http://www.Emissary.Net/Thyroid/index.html

If a question isn't answered on Thyroid, check the Thyroid Archives:
<http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/thyroid.html> and ask again!