VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Apr 2017 11:15:42 -0700
Oops! One correction to my response below. To get to the Systems menu, you utilize Windows+I, not Ctrl+I. Sorry for the error.
--
Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides if not more.
---- ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Harry:
While I can't respond to your second email, I can walk you through making sure your Favorites list opens in Microsoft Edge instead of Internet Explorer. Here is what you need to do.

1) Press CTRL+I to get to the Systems menu.

2) Press tab once so that you are outside of the edit box.

3) Use your left and right arrows until your cursor is focussed on "System", then press enter.

4) Use the tab key to get past the edit box. Then use your up and down arrow keys until you find "Default APPS" and press enter.

5) Tab until you hear "WebBrowser, ---- (your computer will name your default web browser). If the default browser is Microsoft Edge, skip to Step 7.

6) If the default browser is Internet Explorer or something else, press the Enter key, then tab to Microsoft Edge and press the Enter key again.

7) Whether or not you have to do Step 6, you still will need to go through this step. Tab over to "Set Defaults by APP" and press the Enter key.

8) On this screen, tab over until you find the alphabetical list of available programs (mine begins with 3D Builder). Then press the letter m until you hear Microsoft Edge (you can also use the up and down arrow keys).

9) Tab until you hear "Set Defaults for this Program" and press Enter.

10) Tab to "Set as Default" and press the spacebar; alternatively, you can tab once more to the list of file types and check the individual file types that you wish to have opened by Microsoft Edge.

11) When you're done, tab to the "Save" button, then press Enter. Then tab to the "Ok" button and press Enter again, Finally, you can close out the remaining screens by pressing Alt+F4.

I hope this helps.
--
Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides if not more.
---- Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi folks,

Using windows 10, creators update.

Well folks, I have taken the plunge, I have totally, left, internet
explorer!

I found the favorites folder in Microsoft Edge, after doing some
digging. I have now put that folder in the Harry Brown subfolder of the
users folder because that is the folder I use, because I'm the only one
who uses this computer.

However, when I want to do an open with, on a favorite, to tell windows
to always use Microsoft Edge as the program to open it, when I shift
f10, I cannot find open with. Anyone have an idea how I can do this?

I want to start using Edge, as soon as possible!

The pages load so much faster in Edge than in Internet explorer.

By the way, jaws 18 now works with Microsoft Edge, for those who are
interested, and, the latest version of 18, fixes the bug where jaws will
not read the list of emails in Thunderbird.

See fs cast 139.

Harry

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]