VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 16 Nov 2018 18:58:17 -0800
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone on list has run a Windows update from an external
drive because I'm trying to do that, but I'm not sure how.

I bought a new netbook after my last one bit the dust earlier than
usual. The new one is an Acer from a few years ago, so it's running the
first version of Windows 10. I'm trying to update it so I can take
advantage of the new features in Narrator. According to the Windows
Update Assistant, the netbook is compatible with Windows 10 October
2018, but it's still a little short on memory, even after I've
uninstalled as much as I can.

The update Assistant says I can try running the update with a memory
drive in the machine. When I googled around, I found instructions that
tell me to run the Assistant and select the drive, but I'm not finding
when or where to do that, so my attempts keep failing.

Any advice?

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]