VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 13 Aug 2017 16:51:56 -0700
I've upgraded a number of PCs to Windows 10, and in a few cases, I've
also had the problem of needing unexpectedly to upgrade drivers. The
last time it happened, I had to search for and upgrade some USB drivers.
Like Steve, I spent a few days troubleshooting because I wasn't even
sure what the problem was initially, and then when I figured it out, I
had a hard time finding the drivers themselves. My situation was similar
to Steve's in that I installed drivers that were somehow related.

I don't think the price range is relevant here. I use seriously low end
laptops and mid-range to high-end desktops, and I don't remember having
any missing driver issues with the cheap stuff.

I appreciate Steve's post in that it validates my conclusion about
Windows updates: they go smoothly most of the time, but when they don't,
one kind of troubleshooting involves figuring out if drivers are
missing. This is useful information.