VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 5 Jun 2016 10:38:08 -0700
Harry,

The answer to your question of which platform is better--Android or
iPhone--depends on the user. People who learned iPhone first say iOS all
the way. People who learned Android first say Android is perfectly fine.
I hear this every time someone poses this question on the Eyes-Free
Android list. the reasons mostly reflect the respondents' tastes. If
your friend is a student or professional, who uses lots of advanced text
editing features, then iOS has a little bit of an edge. If he isn't,
either platform works.

I'm an android user, and I've been an Android user since the platform
became accessible.

I like it, and it meets my needs. I know how to use iOS, but I find it
cumbersome, too many gestures to learn and too many steps for every
picking thing. So I would say that, if the Android is working for your
friend, he should keep working with it. If, however, he made frequent
use of the touch pad on his Mac and misses it, then iPhone may be the
better route.

Not sure how helpful this was.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at