VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mike Pietruk <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 5 Aug 2015 05:36:25 -0400
Deborah, DAvid, et al

While you are right, of course, in what you say; what we have here is
advertising and puffery.  We see this everyday in all fields of life --
sellers of products stretching the truth, ignroing other products with the
goal, of course, of geting the consumer to believe that their product is
the one and only solution to one or more of life's needs or wants.
In some ways, over the years, due to the lack of product choices, the
blind community has been sheltered from this form of marketing.
So, welcome to the world of competitive choices and advertising.  Blind
consumers, like all consumers, need to become aware and educated.
We instinctively recognize this with advertising and marketing in general;
we should expect no difference in marketing to us.
So don't expect a response from the seller of this product; rather, and
more importantly, better just to express your views to the blind world and
when appropriate evaluate and review the product.
Be glad that more and more alternatives are now available to us and that
choices do exist.
We're all old enough to remember the days when these choices were figments
of our imaginations with no real expectation that they might be fulfilled.
Well, they are being fulfilled in spades now and be glad for that.
And, in the marketplace, sellers compete for our spending dollars like
elsewhere trying to convince us that life is incomplete without this or
that.

If you pray only when you're in trouble, 'you're in trouble.
Let us always 'Pray Without Ceasing' (1 Thes 5:17)

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]