VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 3 Aug 2015 17:50:29 -0700
I'm having two problems. The one most appropriate for this list is the
one I'll start with. I'll add the other one in case anyone has ideas
since my googling hasn't helped.

1. How do you read messages on the Yahoo Mail website? I'm using the
mobile site m.yahoo.com. When I go into my inbox, I find a check box,
the sender, and the subject line of each message, but the subject lines
don't appear to be clickable. What do I do to actually read the message
bodies? I know I did it recently, but I don't remember what I did.

2. What can I do to force Thunderbird to pick messages up from the
server? I have a number of email accounts, and I read them all in
Thunderbird. The one I use for business has been working fine; all
messages go into a folder that Thunderbird created when I set up the
account. This afternoon, I noticed I had four new business messages on
my phone, but not in Thunderbird. Since the account is SBC, I went to
the Yahoo Mail website to find out if maybe they'd been marked as spam,
but all messages are in the inbox. Then I went into Thunderbird to check
my account settings and to make sure the boxes were checked for picking
up messages, and everything is as it should be. I've, of course, tried
pressing f5. But the messages aren't coming in. I even sent myself a
test message from a different account, and it hasn't arrived to the
computer. The suggestions I've found on the web tell me to check
settings, etc. I'm out of ideas.

Any help on either issue could be very much appreciated.

I'm using Windows 8.1, Jaws 15, and current versions of NVDA and
Thunderbrid.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]