VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Don Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Don Moore <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 1 Jul 2015 16:41:57 -0400
Mine showed up here around 2 hours ago.  I unpacked it and plugged it in.
Choices are using a phone app or the web on your computer.

I know they keep updating the software, so I was concerned having heard some
of the complaints others had.

My main problem was downloading the app from the iPhone app store.  IOS 8.4
didn't let me key in the password to download the app.  That's the only
place I needed sighted assistance.  The rest spoke, whether on my phone or
on the Echo.

You can pear the Echo to your phone and use it as a speaker.

For my test question, I asked Alexa "what is the meaning of life?" and she
gave me pretty much the same answer as did Siri.  But then, if you read The
Hitchhiker's guide, you know what that answer is. <grin>

I just told it "Alexa, play KIXI, and the music came out of the speaker.
Not a bad thing either.

That's about it so far.

Teenagers; Tired of being harassed by your stupid parents?  Act now!!!!!
Move out.  Get a job.  Pay your bills wile you still know everything.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]