VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 9 Feb 2016 04:13:52 -0600
From: "Zimba, Joel" <[log in to unmask]
Subject: Language Beta Testing of KNFB Reader

Hello:

We continue to extend the functionality of KNFB Reader.  As part
of
our efforts to put the power of KNFB Reader into the hands of
people
across the globe, we are adding several additional languages this
Spring.  We are in need of testers who speak and or read the
following languages:  Russian, Greek, Czech, Bulgarian, Estonian,
Ukrainian, and Indonesian

If you are familiar with one or more of the above languages, and
you
have a supported iOS device (see
<http://www.knfbreader.com>www.knfbreader.com), we need your
help.

Here's how you can participate:
Send your email address, name, location, phone number, the iOS
device you will be using for testing, and the language(s) you
will
be testing to
<mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]
Please specify "Beta Testing" in the subject of the message.  If
selected, you will receive a reply message with further
instructions.

This Beta cycle will differ from previous ones in that the
primary
area of testing will be these new languages.  Of course, ensuring
KNFB Reader continues to function optimally is a concern with new
releases, so general testing should be conducted as well.

Remember, by definition, Beta software is not final release
software.  The test versions of software you may receive will
likely
not be identical to the final release software.  Throughout the
Beta
Testing Cycle, the test versions of KNFB Reader will be fully
functional.  After the cycle ends, the Beta software will cease
to function.

If you are a current owner of KNFB Reader, the test version will
over-write your current installation of the app.  Once testing is
complete, you must remove the test version from the device and
re-install the release version of KNFB Reader from the App Store.

Finally, if you know someone whom you believe may be interested
in
participating, please forward this email to them.

We appreciate your willingness to take part.  Bringing KNFB
Reader
into the hands of those who need it is another way to help
everyone
live the lives they want.

Regards,

Joel

Joel Zimba
Reading Innovation Project Manager
National Federation of the Blind
Phone: 410-659-9314 ext.  2233
KNFB Reader App Support:  347-422-7085
Email: <mailto:[log in to unmask]>[log in to unmask]

The National Federation of the Blind knows that blindness is not
the
characteristic that defines you or your future.  Every day we
raise
the expectations of blind people, because low expectations create
obstacles between blind people and our dreams.  You can live the
life
you want; blindness is not what holds you back.

E-Mail:  [log in to unmask] or [log in to unmask]

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]