VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Ricky Lomey <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Ricky Lomey <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 30 Apr 2020 20:45:16 +0200
Hi again list

I'm trying to use Narrator on its own with Windows 10 more for the first
time and almost there but got some questions please thanks.

1. I notice that it gives the options to hear words when typing or letters
and numbers when typing but no third option like other screen readers have
where one can turn off the keyboard voice or completely is there, that's
what I meant by on its own, when used with Window-Eyes the keyboard is
silent since I set it that way for WE, also I would then not have to hear
the arrows say blank lines when I read paragraph by paragraph using the down
arrow by itself in Narrator.

2.Under add voices it says install voice packages whereas before it didn't
so that probably means I installed them last night but I was a bit far from
the PC so couldn't hear what it said. I was told to use Windows plus space
and/or shift plus Windows plus space and though these do work, they only
give the English keyboards so where do I need to be to check the other
languages or what do I need to do and what is input fly-out, do I have to
keep going to settings all the time in Narrator or with Windows plus I and
then typing in Narrator, surely there should be an easier way? After it
seems to have installed I tabbed once and it said emove but I did not remove
anything so I'm sure they're installed but I just need to get to where they
are.

Thanks.

Ricky Lomey

Archived on the World Wide Web at