VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Jan 2017 15:55:36 -0500
Duane:

Just to add to Dan's advice...  Apple customer service has been very good
from my perspective - totally-blind and a JAWS user.  Although I do not know
the number, Apple has a "disability desk", for lack of the proper term.
Perhaps, someone who knows the number for this department could send it out
to you, and everyone else for future reference.

By the way, my most recent Apple customer service, not withstanding the fact
that it was not through the "disability desk", was excellent.  The agent
walked me through, with extreme patience, the entire process until
everything was done!  As part of 1 of my previous lives, I did workplace
workshops on "customer service", and this guy did everything right!  So,
even calling their "regular" support number should prove helpful.

Of course, not every customer service experience is that positive; but, I
believe that the above is more the rule, than the exception.

Jim H