From:
Sandy Kent <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 24 Jan 1995 10:03:48 -0400

Several years ago, a friend, who is also a celiac, went to Scotland on
vacation.  When he returned he told me that he had read a story, while over
there, of a young lady who was also a celiac.  Apparently, she went home for
Christmas and the New Year.  She had been diagnosed as a celiac some time
before, but due to embarrasment, had never told her family that she was a
celiac.  Over the holiday period she went off her diet, and because she was
ingesting a ? certain vitamin that only comes with gluten, she died.

I have tried, over the years, to find out if this could be true, but have
not had any luck.  Maybe somebody out there can answer this question.

Thanks to the organisers of this list, I have learn't more about Celiac in
the past 2 months than I learn't in the previous 20 years.
**  Sandy Kent            (902)798-8119      ** Secretary/Treasurer  **
**  Martock Software                         ** Windsor/West Hants   **
**  Windsor, Nova Scotia. Canada             ** Computer Society     **
**  [log in to unmask]                      ** We meet the 3rd Tue  **