From:
Joseph Stephen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2016 08:48:18 +1030
Hi All,

For the record, so people who search the archives are clear, my statement
about the Icom ID51a came from their website, not my own experience. Another
person on this list who has one has confirmed that it is ***not ***
accessible so sorry about that. I just want to put this out there because I
do not want to further spread misinformation. It's a pity Icom advertise it
like this.

Also for the record, my wishlist really includes one more thing, so here it
is again:

My wishlist is as follows:

1. Completely accessible via different beeps (for on/off/option wrap
around), or, voice prompts (including menu options, not just menu names),

2. 2m/70cm,

3. Wide band receive eg 01 to 1300 mhz,

4. Direct frequency entry!

5. Rugged.

6. 5w output.

7 Optional AA battery case available.

So, yes, so far, only the Kenwood TH-F6A/F7E fit this description.

Come on other users, please chime in, surely there are other accessible
handhelds out there besides the Chinese brands which are mostly illegal in
Australia because of their ability to transmit outside the ham bands and
can't be locked.

Joseph