From:
Joseph Stephen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Mar 2016 08:37:08 +1030
Hi All,

I'll do an audio of this one when I get time but besides the CTCSS/DCS setup
which must either be done via programming or with sighted assistance, the
rest is quite reasonable. One of our reputable ham sellers here in
Australia, Andrews Communications, says that its performance is probably the
best ever out of China. See http://www.andrewscom.com.au/amateur-radio.

I managed to program it completely using JAWS but it wasn't what I'd call
easy.

The reason I don't sign off with my callsign yet is because I'm waiting for
it. I've been a CB user for many years. My son and I just sat our foundation
exams and are awaiting our licenses.

BTW, I have been successful in getting Uniden to make their handheld UHF CBs
accessible here in Australia. See http://wwww.criticalcommunications.com/ a
site set up by my son. I have an audio and text review of a couple of their
100% accessible models, no they don't speak but like the TH-f6a, beeps are
properly thought out. While these are only legal in Australia and New
Zealand, it should be easy to port their new firmware to new models. So, ask
and keep on asking, write to them, call them until you get a response. I did
and within 4 months I had an accessible radio in my hand. They are a company
worth supporting! If only they made amateur handhelds.

Joseph Stephen