From:
"Howard, W A 9 Y B W" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Nov 2015 16:00:24 -0600
Tom,

Below are the power requirements for both the Kenwood TS-570 and the Kenwood
TS-590.

Also below you will find the specifications for the Kenwood PS-53 power
supply.

This information came directly from the print manuals that I own.

As you will see, the TS-590 uses slightly less power on receive than does
the TS-570.  Transmit for both are the same.

I have been using my TS-590 on my PS-53 with no issues.

Since the specifications, power wise, is basically the same for both
transceivers, you should have no issues.

Power Requirements: TS-570
Voltage 13.8 VDC Plus or Minus 15%
Current Requirements:
Transmit 100 Watts - 20.5 Amps
Receive with no signal - 2.0 Amps

Power Requirements: Kenwood TS-590
Voltage 13.8 VDC Plus or Minus 15%
Current Requirements:
Transmit Max. - Less than 20.5 Amps
Receive with no signal - Less than 1.5 Amps

PS-53
Rated Output Current:
22.5 Amps (25% duty cycle)
16 Amps (50% duty cycle)
20.5 Amps max (continuous operation for 1 hour)