Date:
Mon, 9 Nov 2015 22:34:11 +0800
Dear Don and Dustin,
I have the MD380 radio. I made inquiries of a VK ham who has contact with
Tyt. He told me that voice prompts were originally an intended feature but
it wasn't implemented. This seems right to me as, like Don, I can't find any
way to activate. All my inquiries elsewhere have drawn a blank.

Dustin, to program this radio with the CPS software, your best bet is to
find a codeplug for your area. Are there any DMR repeaters near you?

I have succeeded in programming a MD380 radio by modifying a codeplug for
Australia. The starting point with the software is to use the Edit menu. If
you press enter on the option you want, it will bring up the settings. Then
scroll with your JAWS cursor until you find some settings, and then send
your PC cursor to the JAWS cursor. You can then use yor tab and arrow keys
as normal. It takes a little mucking around, but it can be done.

I've had a good deal of fun with my MD380 radio.

One feature to note is that you can program functions for two of the buttons
on the side of the radio. I programmed one for Select Zone, so that I could
move between zones (which are just groups of memory channels) without having
to go to the menu.

The manual is a PDF image. I can kind of read it, but I got more from
looking at the software.

I really think that you need to find a codeplug file for your area.

Let me know if I can be of more help.
Barry VK6SP.