From:
Gerry Leary <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Oct 2015 21:02:00 -0600
If you have a computer you might want to consider and Ella craft W-2. What we really need is a simple battery-operated SWR meter that has both a tone available that changes pitch with the power output and move forward and reflective power readings. In the early 60s, I had a little oscillator with the speaker that we are running on one AA battery it used about a 1 foot wire that was wrapped around the kulaks cable and when it saw RF it would also wait the more RF it saw the lower the tone was and I could to my Viking to that way as well as my Gonch at communicator. Wow Siri messed this one up a little but the other radio I was talking about was made by "GO and S ET. It was a communicator one, it was a crystal controlled a.m. to meter portable building in the very early 50s. One of these days soon, I'll get a keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone this time