Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 5 May 2015 00:42:17 -0400
7bit
Sender:
From:
Bob Tinney <[log in to unmask]>
Hi,

After finding settings that I had to change in the options/misc sub
menu, I am finally able to type in a frequency in the HDSDR software and
the RTL2832T2 dongle goes there.  The up converter also works , but
there are several drawbacks to this system.  It overloads very easily.
That's why the donble works better in the vhf/UHF range where signals
are more spread out.  Many hams use a SDR dongle as a second receiver to
turn there computer in to a panadapter.  I wouldn't use it as my main
receiver.

I do use it to listen to the national weather radio service, the local
airport ground info frequency and our local repeaters.  There does not
seem to be a wide band FM mode for broadcast FM but it does have all of
the other common modes.  The only SDR software that I've found that is
accessible is the
HDSDR software at
www.hdsdr.com
HTH