From:
Peter Shkabara <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 8 Sep 2010 07:40:16 -0700
Rather than specific models, perhaps some suggestions as to what to look for
in the hardware. I would recommend looking for 4GB of RAM and an i5
processor. Others like AMD, but I tend to favor Intel for portable
applications. My daughter is in college and told me that other students seem
to have more problems with HP laptops. Of course, her friend has an HP that
is many years old and has no problems! We bought our daughter a new Sony
Vaio, but they are much higher priced than what you are looking for.

I have seen some good deals come up at Best Buy, Buy.com, and Newegg.com.
When I was looking for the laptop for my daughter, this list mentioned good
luck with Dell models.

Hope this is of some help. Good luck.

Peter Shkabara