VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 00:24:42 -0500
To Peter Verhoeven from Peter Seymour.

Thank you for the posting about Bobby. Ironically, your message could have
been more accessable.

Specifically, you wrote, "...no noframes alternatives..." in one of your
sentences. I don't know about other people's screen reading systems, but
the word noframes does not sound like "no frames" or "no-frames."

I had to go back and read that word letter by letter to understand what
you meant. I am almost absolutely sure that there is no such word as
noframes in the English language. If this was a typo, ignore my
accuzations. Otherwise, I have some suggestions for people who post to
this list.

1. Do not invent words. The pronumciations may be strange, leading to
confusion and time spent deciphering.

2. Typing without abbreviations and putting spaces between anagrams (e.g.
T W A, instead of TWA) will make postings easier to read, by listening,
that is.

It seems to me that this list should be as accessable as possible to its
users. Let's leed the way by writing with listening readers in mind.

P.S. I typed the word "lead" in the preceding sentence as leed, spelled l
e e d. My reader pronounces l e a d as led because it thinks I mean the
metal, not the verb. This is
another accommodation that we can make for each other.

Peter Seymour