VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 19 Feb 2020 17:40:11 -0500
Hi all,

I use to do financial counseling for people, loved it, just loved it!!!

However, I've always wondered "how do they figure out how much money
someone can borrow, and how do they deny you, what is the threshold?"

Well, today, I was talking with someone from a credit union, who I know,
at the grocery store. And I asked her that very question, and here is
her answer. She told me, "Harry, I'm glad you asked that question,
because people need to know this. We take your monthly income times 3,
and that gives you your limit on how much you can borrow for any loan.

This example is not real, it's just a made up number. So, let's say
someone makes or gets $2000 a month. So, $2000 times 3 is $6000, which
is your limit on how much you can borrow.

So, now anyone can figure out how much money they can borrow, how about
that!

Harry, who is keeping this for reference!

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]