VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 25 May 2018 12:40:16 -0700
Harry,

To make notifications stay on the screen longer, you would go into Ease
of Access > Display. The steps are these:

* Press Windows+U to go into the Ease of Access center.

* Tab to Display. Sometimes Jaws says, "Vision, Display." Other times,
Jaws just says, "Display."

* Press Enter on Display. You don't have to because this option is
selected by default, but it's a good habit to get into.

* Tab through the options till you get to one that says something like,
"Show notifications for 5 seconds," which is a combo box.

* Press alt+down-arrow on the notification combo box to open it; then
down-arrow to the option you want, and press enter.

I found a great article that explains new Windows settings. I learned a
lot by reading it. When I'm trying to figure out how to do something or
where to find something, It's often easier for me to just open this
article and screen-search for a key word:

https://www.windowscentral.com/whats-new-settings-app-windows-10-april-2018-update

Hope this helps.

Ciao