VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2018 15:35:13 -0800
Harry,

Android does have quite a few keyboard commands. I'm sure they're on a
website somewhere, but they're also listed in the Android Commands and
Settings book published by National Braille Press.

You can use an Android with a keyboard. Some people do, but the
experience isn't quite like Windows. I personally miss the Say-current
commands (e.g., say current line, say current word). You can accomplish
this by arrowing away then back, but for me, a heavy user of say-current
commands, it's an absence I notice very much when I'm using a keyboard.

My point is that Android is keyboard friendly, but people used to
working with screen readers on Windows may disagree because the
experience is different from what they're used to.

Ciao