VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Duane Farrar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Duane Farrar <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 3 Jan 2018 14:07:26 -0500
Hi Terri,

I don't know if you ever received a definitive answer to your question
about your constantly waking up iPhone 8 as you described below, but
since my original response to you I have begun using an iPhone SE and
experienced the exact same issue. It was driving me nuts. But, if you go
into Settings, select Display & Brightness and toggle the "Raise to
Wake" button to off that should resolve it for you. I believe this is an
IOS 11 setting. My iPhone 5 was running IOS 10.3 but my SE is running
IOS 11. When I switched "Raise to Wake" to off the problem went away. I
have to say this setting was not in an immediately obvious place to
find. This setting would only seem to be useful if your phone is
remaining stationary for a length of time, such as when one is sitting
at a desk. It's absolutely useless if one is in motion with your phone
in a pocket or bag.

Cheers,
Duane