VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Jim Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Hamilton <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 5 Jan 2017 11:12:00 -0500
Keith:

Three cheers!!!

If anything is going to change regarding the accessibility of EDGE, the same
kind of concentrated effort, by all those who forced Microsoft to continue
supporting Windows XP for much longer than it had planned, may be necessary.
As it stands now, Microsoft will continue supporting IE 11 until some time in
2020.  We should mount a concentrated campaign/effort to force Microsoft to
support IE 11 until EDGE is fully accessible with all meanstream screen
readers.  And we should do this before Microsoft goes farther down this road!

"Power to the people!"

Jim H