VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ted chittenden <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Jan 2017 06:08:23 -0700
Catherine:
The last I heard was that Microsoft had not made available to Freedom Scientific (or any of the other outside vendors) some crucial information that would assist them in developing workarounds for Microsoft Edge. The company has chosen instead to focus on developing its own Narrator software to make it a full-fledged competitor to the off-the-shelf software blind people purchase now.
--
Ted Chittenden

Every story has at least two sides if not more.
---- Catherine Getchell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi listers,

I'm fairly new to Windows 10.  Has anyone had any positive experiences
using Microsoft Edge with JAWS?  I have JAWS 18, and for the life of
me, I find it pretty difficult to use this web interface.  The ability
to navigate the website using the arrow keys, go in and out of forms
mode, and all the usual navigation features I'm used to with IE and
Firefox don't seem to work with Edge.  From the admittedly limited
research I've done, it looks like Edge works well with Narrator, but I
don't see any how-tos on making it work well with JAWS.  Any thoughts?
 Thanks.
Catherine

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]