VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 11 Dec 2016 11:19:33 -0800
I haven't used Internet Explorer in ages. The last time I did was about
a year ago, either on Windows 8.1 or 10 (probably 10), and it seemed to
be working all right. I just brought it up on my windows 10 machine
running Jaws 17, and it seemed normal.

My experience is that, when a screen seems blank, it's often because
there's some sort of overlay or bubble alerting me to something. Jaws is
in that bubble, but Jaws is unable to read it. If your computer has a
touch screen, touch the screen to figure out what's going on. You might
be able to tap in the In ternet Explorer area to get out of that bubble.
Also, NVDA and Narrator can often read and navigate the bubble, so you
can figure out what it's telling you to do and close it.

On 12/10/2016 2:55 AM, Samson Perera wrote:
>   HI FRIENDS,
> using jaws 17, Win 8.1 and internet explorer.
> When I go to Internet Explorer, I cannot get anything.  Pressing alt
> does not bring any ribbons or menus, and when I somehow type an
> address and press enter I hear the title of the web page, but the PC
> cursor or the Jaws cursor does not show anything. I am totally blind,
> so as far as I am concerned, the screen is totally blank.  Are there
> any settings that I have to make?
> Will greatly appreciate any help.
> Thank you
> Samson.