VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 4 Mar 2016 08:52:25 -0800
Hi All,

Normally I only use Dropbox as a sort of file backup service, putting
files there for safe keeping after I finish working on them. More
recently, however, I've been working on files both on my desktop at home
and on my laptop when I'm out and about. In the past, I've copied the
file from Dropbox to another folder to work on it, then copied it back
into Dropbox. Lately I've just opened the file from Dropbox, worked on
it, and saved it.

When I open a file from the Dropbox folder, I can't keep focus on it.
Sometimes I can after I press alt+f4 immediately after pressing alt+tab
to get to the open file. When that works, everything works great. When
it doesn't, there's more trial and error.

What I'm assuming is that there's some sort of overlay on the screen
warning me about something. Does anyone know what it is or how to deal
with it consistently?

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]