VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Wed, 25 Mar 2015 07:32:05 -0700
I use Jaws 2015 and NVDA, and I'm running a Windows 8.1 machine.

I tried Database in Open Office yesterday, but I'm struggling. I'm not
sure yet if the problem is that I'm new to databases or if this feature
isn't accessible. the tutorials and Open Office documentation I've found
don't quite match my experience with a screen reader. This doesn't
necessarily mean something isn't accessible. It may mean I haven't
figured out how to use the screen reader with it or found the right
keyboard commands.

I'll keep trying a little longer. Then I'll try Libre Office next. I
started with Open Office because I have it on my machine and the text
editor, spreadsheet, and slide show applications are accessible.

If anyone has worked with the database app in Open Office, I'd
appreciate any tips. I'm assuming the one in Libre office is similar, so
tips on that are welcome too.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]