VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Harry Brown <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 2015 16:17:23 -0500
Hi all. A very excited Harry here. Now as many of you probably know, Mac
users, for years, have been able to do something we windows users have
probably wanted to do, but did not think was possible. Mac users, get to
see there drives, (all of them), on their desktop. They don't have to go
to computer, then, arrow to find the drive. Well, today, yours truely,
tryed to see if I, a windows user, could do the same thing. Ya know
what, we can, and here's how to do it. step 1. click on computer. step
2. Now, arrow to the drive you want to put on your desktop, for example,
your hard drive, which is called local disc c. Step 3. Now, instead of
clicking on it to open it, press shift f10. step 4. now, down arrow to
creat shortcut, and press enter. Now, press windows m to go back to your
desktop, and guess what, you'll find it, by just pressing the letter l.
It should say "local disc c", without the quotes. You can do it for any
drive you have, internal, or external, and when you unplug a USB drive,
it won't be on the desktop, till you plug it back in! enjoy, Harry
't

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]