VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
peter altschul <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Jan 2015 08:27:21 -0600
One of our components developed a complex Excel workbook that
contains a
series of tabs, tables, Visual Basic macros, custom menus and
formulas that
allow a user to verify multiple aspects of a budget request
submitted by a
grant applicant.  The workbook has an interface with an J2EE
based business
application so that it can retrieve the budget data that is
electronically
submitted with the grant applications.  This tool performs
multiple
operations on the data (validations, calculations, insertion and
deletion of
sections, etc.) and a subset of the data is then transferred back
into the
business application, where the workflow continues using the
resulting data.
The current version of this workbook is not 508 compliant, but
they have
committed to making it so.  They are interested in acquiring an
Excel/508
expert that could work with them on a consulting basis to help
with
modifications and recommendations to develop an accessible
version.
Ideally the consultant would also have a background in usability
design.

Recommendations for vendors who might fit the bill would be
greatly
appreciated.  We are located in the DC/Maryland area, but we
don't think the
vendor needs to be local.

Gary M.  Morin, Program Analyst

NIH Office of the Chief Information Officer

10401 Fernwood Rd, Room 3G-17

Bethesda, MD 20892, Mail Stop: 4833

(301) 402-3924 Voice, (301) 451-9326 TTY/NTS

(240) 200 5030 Videophone; (301) 402-4464 Fax

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]