VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Mon, 20 Jan 2014 11:44:59 -0800
Hi All,

After a couple of weeks of slowly migrating files, etc., I finally
started using my Windows 8.1 machine full time.. I've been sending and
receiving email on Thunderbird without any unusual behavior, but
starting today, I've noticed something odd:

Most of the time, when I open an email message, Jaws 15 reports the body
as blank. When I use the Jaws cursor, I can read text. There's also a
dialog that says Thunderbird has blocked remote images to protect my
privacy. I can choose to block all images or to allow images for this
sender. Clicking an option involves multiple presses of the ins+numpad
slash (left mouse click).

I'm able to read the message just fine when I use NVDA 2013.3, but I
haven't been able to locate the dialog.

I did some Googling and discovered that this is called Don't Show Images
or something like that in earlier versions of Thunderbird, which
explains why I don't remember having this problem. But the solution
suggested involved going into the Config, which I don't feel all that
comfortable doing, especially when I didn't find much that was nontechy
oriented. I do remember having options about images in an earlier
version of Thunderbird, but I don't remember where that was, and I'm not
finding it.

Any suggestions about where to search?

ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at