VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 27 Jan 2015 20:42:40 -0500
7bit
Sender:
From:
David Goldfield <[log in to unmask]>
Our next phone meeting is scheduled for Friday, January 30 from
8:00-10:00 PM Eastern time. People outside of Philadelphia are also welcome.
There are many topics which we could discuss. Possibilities include

1. The release of the Be my Eyes app for iOS, allowing blind users to
connect with over 90,000 sighted volunteers to receive free assistance.
Have you tried the app? Do you like it?

2. On January 21, Microsoft hosted a major press event which they called
Windows 10: the Next Chapter. You can read more about the announcements
and watch an archive of the webcast from the above link. Among other
things, they provided more information about Windows 10, including that
it will contain the Cortana voice assistant and that the OS will be free
during the first year of its release for users of Windows 7, 8 and 8.1.

3. AI Squared released version 9 of Window-Eyes which includes, among
other things, beefed-up Web support, improved table navigation, support
for Quickbooks, better support for Microsoft Web apps, support for
Google Docs, Google Charts and Google slides and even includes
preliminary support for Windows 10!! If you're a Window-Eyes user, have
you upgraded to version 9? Do you like it?

4. The developer of Voice Dream Reader introduced a new, speech-friendly
notetaking app for iOS called, appropriately, Voice Dream Writer,
costing $9.99. Have you purchased this app?

To participate, the number to call is
(712) 432-3900
when prompted for your access code, enter
391477
followed by the pound key.
I'm looking forward to talking with you during our next gathering.

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]