VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2017 17:32:32 -0400
I also have a Dell desktop running Windows 10 and JAWS 18, and it's been
a problem since I got it a year ago.  My programs crash all over the
place; and there are many days when Thunderbird freezes every few
seconds. So if I continue typing an e-mail when this happens, nothing
appears on the screen till the program unfreezes, and then I see a whole
flood of letters appear all at once.  It plays havoc, too, with my
reading from my Braille display.  I've had the Microsoft Accessibility
people look at the machine and also my brother, who deals with computers
at work; and no one can figure out what the problem is.  I have tons of
resources, memory, space, etc.; and there's no apparent reason why I'm
having such problems.  Some days the machine works pretty well.
Rachel

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]