VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Sat, 22 Oct 2016 15:58:22 -0700
Albert,

Based on the message footer, you also sent your question to the Victor
Stream list. Are you experiencing slow speeds when downloading to the
Stream or to the computer?

when I download audio books using my computer, I only have to wait a few
minutes for the complete download. The couple of times I've downloaded
books on the Stream, I had to wait 20 or 30 minutes. That was during the
first two months of buying the Stream so I haven't tried it since.

I don't know the answer to your question. I'm just wondering if we have
al the information we need to help.

Ciao

On 10/22/2016 3:09 PM, Christopher Chaltain wrote:
> You should be getting over 10MB download speeds and around 1MB upload
> speeds, but when connecting to a particular site there are a lot of
> factors involved.
>
> This page talks more about what to expect with Verizon DSL:
> http://www.verizon.com/info/dsl-services/
>
> I'd also suggest that it's best to work with Verizon to investigate
> and debug problems with your upload and download speeds. For example,
> here's a page where you can test your broadband internet speed from
> Verizon: https://www.verizon.com/speedtest/
>
> On 21/10/16 09:58, [log in to unmask] wrote:
>> Good evening everyone,
>> I need to ask a question here regarding both my download and upload
>> speed, because it seems that  whenever I download a book from my
>> computer, or onto my Stream, the download process seems too take
>> between 20, and 30 minutes before the download completes. When I called
>> the Microsoft disability  help answer desk, I asked them too check both
>> the download and upload speeds and here’s what the  results were which
>> I’ll paste below this message. My internet service provider is Verizon’s
>> DSl  service which is what I’m currently using too download and upload.
>> My download speed is as follows. 1 point 9MBPS
>> My upload speed is, 0 point 28MBPS
>> From what information I’ve pasted above, Can those of you with good
>> technical experience on this  issue, Please tell me if these results
>> seem normal speeds, or am i paying for speeds that I’m not getting?
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> http://vrstreamusers.org/pipermail/vrstream_vrstreamusers.org/attachments/20161019/bc27a7be/attachment.html

>> e-mail programs, message  replies will go directly to the sender of the
>> message. To reply to the entire list, use the "reply  all" function of
>> your e-mail program; usually
>> Control-Shift-R.______________________________________ _________
>> Vrstream mailing list
>>
>> Leave list: [log in to unmask]
>> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
>>
>> VICUG-L is archived on the World Wide Web at http://listserv.i cors.or
>> g/archives/vicug-l.html
>> <http://listserv.icors.org/archives/vicug-l.html>
>>
>> Send questions on list operation to [log in to unmask]
>> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]