VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 2 Sep 2016 06:12:15 -0700
Hi All,

Just letting everyone know how I finally got my Windows 10 Anniversary
update on my dinky laptop.

George's post below was helpful. In a nutshell, the forums suggest to
use Disk Cleanup or a Media Creation Tool. The former didn't work for me
because I just didn't have enough free space, and I would need a lot
more. the Media Creation Tool did work. I had to uninstall a few more
things because the tool needs 8 GB of free space, which is about half
the normally required space. Its URL is

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10/

I'm posting to thank George and to share in case others here have this
problem.

Ciao