VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

From:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
David Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 22 Sep 2015 08:05:41 -0400
Hello VICUG Group,
First, thanks to you who helped answer my question regarding Open Office.
Now, I have another.
I am a freelance writer by profession, and usually store all my
efforts on a Thumb Drive. I replaced my computer three weeks ago, and
also using Jarte now as Word Processor instead of MS Word, as was on
my previous computer.
I revised one of my previously written files, did control save,
answered yes to replace, but a few hours later, could only find the
file name in items list when searching g colon slash and pressing
enter.
It says that it is in RTF, which I think is Jarte's default program.
In Word, I always added doc or docx as the extension.

I wonder where can I find keyboard instructions to find the file and
associated article?
-In the future - how can I divert this same issue from recurring?
Also, which of the file name extensions might be compatible with most
computer processing programs, text, RTF, DOC, DOCX etc.  Much Thanks.
Sincerely,

--
David Russell

 --
A good, sympathetic review is always a wonderful surprise.
Joyce Carol Oates

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]
    Subscribe: [log in to unmask]