VICUG-L Archives

VICUG-L@LISTSERV.ICORS.ORG

Date:
Fri, 11 Sep 2015 15:48:23 -0700
Hi all,

Well, I purchased a 7-inch Windows tablet. I'll post more about it in a
few days, after I've played with it a little. Initial setup was fine
with Narrator, though things went much better after I used an OTG
adapter to plug a hardware keyboard into the device. I've been trying to
install Dropbox, where I have backups of things like NVDA and Jaws, and
I've also been trying to run the Windows 10 update, which is waiting
there, but not on my desktop or netbook. anyway, I'm having some
mysterious episodes of silence. I suspect there's a dialog connected
with Dropbox or the update, and Narrator isn't reading it, but I won't
know till I get sighted help.

My question is about the keyboard. I want one that is tablet sized, but
I want it to be relatively similar to a conventional Windows keyboard,
with two shift, alt, and control keys, and with keys for home, end
pg-dn, and pg-up. does such a critter exist?

I've got three tablet sized keyboards, but they all only have one shift,
alt, and ctrl key. They don't all have home, end, pg-dn, and pg-up, and
I haven't figured out how to combine other keys to get the same effect.
They also have additional keys. One keyboard, for example, is an Android
keyboard though the material says it's Windows compatible. There's a
search and menu key, which perform random actions in windows, one being
Pause.

Can anyone suggest a keyboard? I'd actually prefer USB, but I can work
with Bluetooth.

Ciao

Archived on the World Wide Web at
    Signoff: [log in to unmask]